Sean Harrington MSc Nursing, BSc (Hons) Psychology, RN
Registered Nurse, Postgraduate Researcher and Medbelle Author
With Medbelle Since 2020
Sean is a Registered Nurse and healthcare researcher with international experience.
He has extensive experience as a nurse in critical and intensive care settings in the UK and Australia.
He began working as a student nurse while studying in London. Upon graduating, he took a role in a Critical Care Unit, eventually taking on a senior nursing position.
As he gained experience, he began mentoring junior staff members and taking on more departmental responsibility.
Continuing his work in critical care, his role expanded to that of a clinical specialist within the emergency response team which required strong interdisciplinary communication on his part.
Intensive Care Nurse was his next role, where he provided expert evidence-based nursing care to critically ill patients.
After moving to Sydney, Australia, Sean began caring for postoperative intensive care patients. These were patients recovering from cardiac, neurosurgery, vascular and complex orthopaedic procedures.
Throughout his nursing career, he was also actively involved in researching and publishing various healthcare topics from improving blood testing protocols to studying the use of PrEP, a drug that helps prevent HIV infection.
Sean is now a Medbelle Patient Care Adviser and brings his years of experience and passion for patient safety to every task.
He lives in Berlin and has a passion for travel.
- Masters of Science (Merit) Nursing, City, University of London
- Postgraduate Certificate Nursing (Critical Care), London South Bank University
- Postgraduate Diploma Adult Nursing, City, University of London
- Bachelors of Science (Hons) Psychology, University of Manchester
- Foundations in Research Methods and Data Analysis, City, University of London
- Introduction to Critical Care Nursing, University College London Hospital
- Intermediate Life Support, University College London Hospital