- 18 years of practice
- Performed more than 450 procedures last year
Professor Iain Whitaker is a plastic surgeon in Swansea. He maintains a cosmetic surgery practice with Medbelle while also holding a position at Swansea University as Clinical Chair of Burns and Plastic Surgery. He has worked as a surgeon for 18 years while also maintaining a passion for academia. Prof Whitaker is renown and highly awarded in reconstructive and plastic surgery. He provides a variety of procedures to Medbelle patients including tummy tuck and breast enlargement. They frequently use the terms attentive, skilled and experienced to describe him. Book a consultation with Prof Iain Whitaker cosmetic surgeon in Swansea today.
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts (Medicine), University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom, 1994-1997
- Bachelor in Medicine & Surgery, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom, 1997-2000
- Visiting Scholar, University of Connecticut, Connecticut, USA, 2008
- Speciality Fellowship in Plastic Surgery, FRCS (Plast), United Kingdom, 2005-2010
- Young Plastic Surgeon Scholarship, European Association of Plastic Surgeons (EURAPS), Paris, France, 2012
- Visiting Research Fellow, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia, 2011-2012
- Master's Degree in Arts, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
FRCS- Speciality Fellowship in Plastic Surgery, FRCS (Plast)
SocietiesBAPRAS help (British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons)
PresentationsAs a passionate academic, Professor Iain Whitaker has been recognised in over 250 journal publications and books, while holding prestigious titles such as Deputy Editor of the largest Plastic Surgery Journal in Europe, The Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery in Europe (JPRAS), while frequently appearing in the media as a key opinion leader including OK! magazine and BBC News.
- Certificate of Honours in Plastic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
- Rowan Nick's Award, Royal Australiasian College of Surgeons
- Mentor Prize in Aesthetic Surgery from the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- The Worshipful Company of Cutlers’, Royal College of Surgeons of England Surgical Fellowship
- PLASTA Golden Scalpel Award, Best Consultant Trainer in the UK
- Royal College of Surgeons of England Pump Priming Award
- Clarke Medal
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS), Pump Priming Grant
- Medbelle patients describe him as Attentive, Skilled, Experienced
To what degree did you find what you were looking for?
How can we improve?