Numan Shah is a highly-experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in hip and knee procedures. He has a specialist interest in prosthetics and stands on many medical boards in various positions.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MB ChB, Cert (Tr & Orth), FRCS (Tr&Orth), MRCS (Ed)
Hip & Knee
Numan Shah is a highly-experienced Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in hip and knee procedures, including revision surgeries. Alongside his private practice and NHS work, he is a mentor to medical students and junior doctors, a role that requires him to stay informed and trained on all new developments in surgical techniques. In addition, Mr Shah has been widely published in medical journals and has presented both nationally and internationally at orthopaedic meetings and talks. He is committed to improving the standards of healthcare and is an active member in prestigious societies, including a position as treasurer for the Orthopaedic Network and works as the National Director of Medical Aid for the British Islamic Medical Association. Patients describe him as kind, personable and having an eye for detail.
- 2018 - Present: Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedics, The University of Manchester Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust.
- 2019 - Present: Salford Royal Foundation Trust Lead for Physicians Associates in T&O
- 2018 - Present: National Director of Medical Aid, British Islamic Medical Association
- 2015 - Present: Treasurer, The Orthopaedic Network
- FRCS (T&O) Royal College Of Surgeons Of Edinburgh, 2015
- MRCS(Ed) Royal College Of Surgeons Of Edinburgh, 2008
- MB ChB, University of Manchester, 2004
- General Medical Council (GMC) number: 6098086
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
- The British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Islamic Medical Association
- The Orthopaedic Network
Specialist surgical interests
- Total hip replacement (cemented/ hybrid/ uncemented)
- Total knee replacement
- Unicompartmental knee replacement
- Patellofemoral replacement
- Custom and patient-specific implants
- Robotic surgery
- Revision hip and knee procedures
- Periprosthetic infection and fracture procedures.
- Arthroscopy: Knee arthroscopy procedures including meniscal repair
- Biological treatments: Femoral head Avascular necrosis procedures, Bone grafting procedures (for bone loss or augmentation)
- Sports injuries: Upper and Lower limb injection therapies (steroid/ PRP/ Ostenil), Injection therapies using biologics