Mr Shahidul Huq is a highly qualified plastic surgeon who specialises in breast, body, and facial procedures. He is one of the few surgeons to also hold a PhD in wound healing.
Consultant Plastic Surgeon
MB ChB (Hons), MRCS, FRCS (Plast), PhD
Breast Surgery, Body contouring, & Facial Surgery
Mr Shahidul Huq is an experienced plastic surgeon with many years of experience. He is also one of the few Plastic surgeons to have taken his education further and completed a PhD in wound healing. This experience is especially important in his speciality of breast, body, and facial procedures. As well as his private position and NHS post, he also trains junior plastic surgeons and writes extensively for medical journals and publications. Patients speak very highly of him and consider him to be warm, professional and thorough.
- 2014- Present: Consultant Plastic, aesthetic & reconstructive Surgeon, Royal Stoke University Hospital
- 2014 - Present: Clinical Lead for Plastic Surgery Trauma & Deputy Clinical Lead for Plastic Surgery, Royal Stoke University Hospital
- Trainer for plastic surgery trainees on the West Midlands Training Programme.
- 2013 - 2014 - Locum Consultant in Plastic Surgeon, Wythenshaw Hospital (University Hospitals South Manchester)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, FRCS (Plast), 2011
- PhD in Wound Healing, University of Bradford, 2007
- Member of Royal Colledge of Surgeons, MRCS Edinburgh, 2003
- MB ChB (Hons), Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery with Honours, University of Manchester, 1999
- BSc (Hons) in Neuroscience, University of Manchester, 1996
Awards and achievements
- Wolfson Foundation Intercalation Scholarship
- Wolfson Foundation Book Prize
- Douglas prize for Anatomy
- Dauntsey Senior Medical Scholarship
- General Medical Council (GMC number): 46343069
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- British Medical Association
Mr Huq's consultations are held in the state-of the art clinic, Medbelle Cosmetics | Manchester.