Feedback & Complaints
Support at Medbelle (SaM)
At Medbelle, creating a smooth, hassle-free and supportive journey for our patients is what matters to us most. We continually strive to improve our service and welcome your feedback so we can better enhance what we do for you and all of our patients. If you have something to share with us, good or bad, we want to hear it.
At Medbelle, we are dedicated to providing each patient with the highest standard of care and support but we also recognise that there is always room for improvement and we want to learn from every patient journey, so, our promise to you is to:
- Listen carefully to your feedback and concerns with the aim of resolving any issues as swiftly as possible.
- Use what you’ve told us as an opportunity to review our processes, identify any areas of improvement and rectify any underlying issues that could negatively impact our patients.
- Offer an apology. We don’t want anyone to feel their experience with Medbelle was not positive, so if we’ve made a mistake we will always offer you an apology.
Your Feedback Matters
At Medbelle, we not only want to provide you with a smooth and personalised service and excellent overall care but we are also actively committed to improving surgical outcomes for our patients over time. We do this in several ways:
- Outcome data: One of our aims as a healthcare provider is to actively work towards improving outcomes for patients. This all starts with collecting data through medical questionnaires. In healthcare, this is already widely in place for Orthopedic treatments in the form of PROMs (Patient-Reported Outcome Measures) questionnaires.
- Net Promoter Score: This allows us to measure your satisfaction with your overall experience as well as highlighting any specific feedback that patients wish to highlight.
- TrustPilot and/or Google Reviews: This allows patients to share their feelings about their experience on independent platforms. We, of course, analyse and take on all patient feedback to improve our service in any way we can.
- Feedback and Complaints Process: as outlined below, we have a well-structured process that allows all patients to raise any feedback or concerns that they have so that we can manage them appropriately.
We will respond to any concerns considerately, quickly and as effectively as possible. All comments, concerns and complaints are taken seriously, regardless of their nature: medical or administrative.
Any concern/complaint that we receive is treated in confidence. We promise to investigate all concerns/complaints with courtesy and sympathy and to provide a response within the timeframes outlined below (which are nationally recognised timelines).
The Feedback and Complaints Process
All patients please be aware that your feedback/concern must be managed through each step consecutively starting with step 1.
Step One: Talk to us
Where things need to be improved, you can contact your Patient Care Adviser (PCA) using their direct phone number, via email or WhatsApp at any time. We encourage all our patients to firstly contact their PCA with any feedback, questions or concerns they may have. We would advise you to do this at the earliest opportunity, as most issues can be resolved quickly and within a few days. You can do this at any time from the beginning of your journey with us until six months from the point that there is a problem.
You are also welcome to call our general line on 020 3411 9171. You can ask to speak to your PCA or if they are not available, another member of the care team will be happy to help.
Step Two: A Formal Written Review
If a resolution to your feedback/concern was not reached in Step 1 and you wish to proceed to Step 2, then you will be asked to submit your concern by filling out the Feedback and Complaints form and progress to Step 2.
At this stage, your feedback/concern will be investigated further by the Patient Experience and Complaints Manager (PECM). The PECM will undertake an immediate review of the case so far and will work on reaching a resolution.
What is the exact process to follow in this case:
- Submit your feedback by completing the “Feedback and Complaints Form” found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdo2vgyQyw7NlYZHJgPGhIG3aRRLa7BIKCg03nRJbtBYupHmg/viewform. The feedback/concern should be made as soon as possible and within 6 months of the date of the event/unsatisfactory response from the PCA/Team Lead (TL).
- Medbelle will acknowledge receipt of your feedback/concern within 3 business days by responding directly by email.
- If the feedback/concern is related to:
- an internal issue at Medbelle: PECM will investigate your feedback/concern by reviewing all relevant records and logged communications.
- a clinical or administrative issue at a hospital or a surgeon Medbelle is partnering with: We will liaise with the concerned hospital/surgeon and we'll provide you with the clinical/hospital feedback once we receive it.
In some cases, if you continue to be unsatisfied with the results/outcome of surgery, we might discuss arranging a second opinion with another surgeon to assess the results of surgery.
- Medbelle will respond to your feedback/concern by email within 20 business days. We will offer either an apology and resolution or will propose a course of action to work towards a resolution. If an investigation takes longer than 20 days we will update you and provide an anticipated timeframe.
- If you are still not satisfied with the decision of the PECM, you have the right to take the matter to Independent External Adjudication (Step 3).
Step Three: Independent External Adjudication
Medbelle is a member of the Independent Sector Complaints Adjudication Service (ISCAS).
Should a patient remain dissatisfied with the resolution of their complaint at steps 1 and 2, they may choose to escalate this to external adjudication via ISCAS, however, please note in order to escalate to ISCAS, your complaint must have been responded to at step 2.
This request must be made within 6 months of the step 2 decision letter.
Should a patient wish to write to ISCAS, they can do so at the below address:
ISCAS, c/o CEDR - Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution International Dispute Resolution Centre 70 Fleet Street London EC4Y 1EU Tel. 0207 536 6091 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.