David Isaac is a highly-experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in knee conditions and procedures with an emphasis on sports injuries.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS BSc (Hons) MS (Lond) FRCSEd (Tr & Orth) PGDip (Tr & Orth)
David Isaac is an award-winning consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in knee conditions and procedures. His award includes the Fred Heatley Award for research into knee motion before and after ACL surgery. He continued his training in Auckland, New Zealand, where he was a Fellow with the surgical team responsible for the treatment of many of the All Blacks Rugby injuries. He was the first surgeon in the UK to trial the use of new technology during surgery, using Google Glass internet-enabled glasses to record procedures from a surgeon’s-eye perspective. Patients describe him as kind, diligent and professional.
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon, South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
- Consultant orthopaedic surgeon Mount Stuart Hospital
- BSc (Hons) University of London 1993
- MBBS University of London 1996
- MS (Master of Surgery) University of London 2003
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Intercollegiate 2006
Awards and achievements
- The Fred Heatley Award for research into knee motion before and after ACL surgery
- British Orthopaedic Association BOA
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee BASK
- General Medical Council (GMC) 4320784
- Intercollegiate fellow of the royal college of surgeons
Specialist surgical interests
Mount Stuart Hospital
St Vincent's Rd