Mr Frost is a highly experienced and specialised spinal surgeon. As a leader in his field, he is a specialist within the Aberdeen Orthopaedics Group and teaches as an honorary senior lecturer at the University of Aberdeen.
Consultant Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon
MB ChB BSc, MRCS, FRCS (T&O)
Years of experience
Andrew Frost is a consultant orthopaedic spinal surgeon. He has been a consultant in NHS Grampian for over 9 years following training as the national spine fellow in Leeds. Mr Frost specialises in all aspects of spine surgery including microdiscectomy, spinal decompression, spinal fusion and complex deformity surgery. In addition, he also performs MIS, trauma and surgery for spinal cancer and he was involved in teaching and developing spinal surgery in developing countries.
- 2012 - Present: Consultant spine surgeon at NHS Grampian
- 2012 - Present: Honorary Senior Lecturer University of Aberdeen
- 2012 - Present: Consultant orthopaedic surgeon at Aberdeen Orthopaedics
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh), 2011
- MBBS, The University of Edinburgh, 1999
- BSc Neuroscience, The University of Edinburgh, 1999
- General Medical Council (GMC) number: 6048640
- British Association of Spine Surgeons (BASS)
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
- AO Spine
Specialist surgical interests
- Low Back Problems - Sciatica, Disc Prolapse, Spinal Stenosis, Deformity, Back Pain, Osteoporotic fractures
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (Keyhole) - TLIF, Spinal Fusion, Extreme lateral approaches
- Neck problems - Disc prolapse, Radiculopathy, Myelopathy
- Spinal Tumours - Metastatic cord compression
Mr Andrew Frost is part of Aberdeen Orthopaedics, a network of highly-experienced orthopaedic specialists working together to provide the very best multidisciplinary care in Aberdeen and the surrounding areas.