Ashwin Unnithan is an experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in hip and knee conditions and procedures. He has trained around the world, successfully completing four fellowships including Complex hip and knee replacements and revision surgery fellowship at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, MRCS, FRCS (Tr & Orth), MSc
Ashwin Unnithan is an experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in hip and knee conditions and procedures. He has published a number of papers in peer-reviewed journals and presented at international meetings in Europe and the US. He was awarded first prize for his presentation at the British Trauma Society meeting in 2014. Patients describe him as hard-working and thorough.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Ashford & St Peter’s NHS Trust
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Surreytotalhealth.co.uk Feb 2019 - Present
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Runnymede Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon New Victoria Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Nuffield Health Parkside Hospital
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Nuffield Health Woking Hospital
- Complex Trauma Fellowship (New Zealand).
- Infected and complex joint replacements Fellowship (Bristol hip unit).
- Knee replacement surgery Fellowship (St Alban’s City Hospital).
- Complex hip and knee replacements and revision surgery Fellowship (Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital).
Awards and achievements
- First prize for his presentation at the British Trauma Society meeting in 2014
- General Medical Council (GMC) 6040444
- Royal College of Surgeons
- British Orthopaedic Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Specialist surgical interests
New Victoria Hospital
184 Coombe Ln W
Kingston upon Thames
Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital
Nuffield Health Parkside Hospital
Nuffield Health Woking Hospital