Benjamin Burston is a highly-experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in hip and knee procedures. In 2019 he was selected as the sole British representative for the American Hip Society's prestigious Rothman-Ranawat travelling fellowship.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MB ChB (Hons), BSc(Hons), MRCS, FRCS(Tr&Orth), Dip Med Ed
Hip osteoarthritis Hip replacement Complex hip replacement Revision hip replacement Hip inflammation Enhanced recovery protocol Knee osteoarthritis Knee replacement Knee arthroscopy
Benjamin Burston is an award-winning consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in hip and knee conditions and procedures. His accolades include The Skin Investigation Society Prize. Alongside his NHS role and private practice, Benjamin is widely published in peer review journals, mainly in the field of hip replacement surgery. He is the principal investigator in a number of national research trials. He enjoys teaching, serving as faculty on many national and international courses, and has a Diploma in Medical Education from the University of Bristol. He currently sits on a national advisory panel for the development of revision hip networks. Patients describe him as reassuring, diligent, and kind.
2013 - Present: Consultant Hip and Knee Surgeon ,Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic NHS Foundation Trust
- Diploma in Medical Education University of Bristol 2014
- FRCS (Tr&Orth) The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2010
- MRCS The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2004
- BSc(Hons) University of Bristol 1997
- MBChB(Hons) University of Bristol 2000
- Rothman Ranawat Travelling Fellowship American Hip Soc 2019
- Synthes Trauma observership John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford. 2010
- AO Trauma fellowship Hospital for Special Surgery, New York. 2012
- Lower Limb Arthroplasty fellowship Fremantle Hospital, Perth, Australia. 2012
- Allograft and Arthroplasty fellowship Sir Charles Gairdner and Hollywood Hospitals, Perth, Australia. 2011
- British Hip Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- General Medical Council number 4702375
Specialist surgical interests/ techniques.
The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital (RJAH)