Chris Evans is a highly-experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in hip and knee procedures. He has been widely published in textbooks and medical publications due to his work and research.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MB ChB, FRCS (Ed), FRCS (Glas), FRCS Ed (Tr and Orth)
Hip & Knee Conditions and Procedures
Chris Evans is a highly experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in hip and knee conditions and procedures. He is a respected specialist with a large hip and knee NHS practice based at the internationally renowned Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry, Shropshire. He regularly treats patients from other areas of the Midlands and many other parts of England and Wales. He is a strong advocate of the benefits of the National Joint Register for the long-term assessment of implants and patient outcomes. Mr Evans is highly experienced and has performed more than 7000 joint replacement procedures, including over 700 revisions. He uses tried and tested joint replacements and will advise patients of the options available in their case, including newer technologies if appropriate. Patients describe him as reassuring, professional and considerate.
- 2004 - Present: Consultant Orthopaedic Hip and Knee Surgeon, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Oswestry
- 2004 - Present: Consultant Orthopaedic Hip and Knee Surgeon, Nuffield Health Shrewsbury
- 2020 - Present: Consultant Orthopaedic Hip and Knee Surgeon, Spire Yale, Wrexham, N Wales
- FRCS Tr & Orth Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 2002
- Cavendish Hip Fellowship Sheffield University and Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, 2002
- MB ChB 1991 University of Birmingham, 1991
- British Hip Society (BHS)
- General Medcial Council (GMC number): 3544426
Specialist surgical interests
Mr Evans treats adult patients of all ages for painful conditions affecting the hip and performs more than 200 primary hip replacement procedures per year, including many surgically complex cases.
He performs 160-180 total knee replacement procedures per year using implants recognised to have established excellent functional results and survivorship. He is happy to assess you and provide advice regarding the safest and best option, surgical or otherwise. He sees adult patients of all ages following a knee injury, with knee pain or torn cartilage which may respond well to keyhole surgical techniques when non-operative means are exhausted.
Revision (Redo) Joint Replacement
Mr Evans sees many patients for the assessment of painful joint replacement. He has a large revision experience for joints at the end of their working life or for other problems, including infection/ instability. He specialises in techniques that maintain and restore native bone rather than bypassing it to improve outcomes now and not jeopardise any future options.
Patients can review surgical volume data and experience on the NJR website.
- painful hip conditions
- diagnosis and treatment
- hip replacement
- complex hip replacement
- soft tissue hip problems
- hip injections
- Meralgia paraesthetica
- primary hip and knee replacement
- complex joint replacement
- revision hip surgery
- knee pain
- knee locking/giving way
- knee arthroscopy
- knee replacement
- Revision knee surgery
- painful hip or knee replacement
- arthroscopic (keyhole) knee surgery
Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Hospital