Mr David Boddie is a highly qualified consultant orthopaedic surgeon based in Aberdeen. With decades of experience, he is well respected by his colleagues and patients and is an expert in his field
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MB ChB FRCSEd (Tr&Orth)
Hip, Knee & Shoulder
David Boddie is a highly-experienced Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in hip and knee procedures. When performing knee replacement surgery he uses Conformis customised technology to offer bespoke knee implants to his patients. Alongside his practice, he is the co-chairman of the AO Principles of Operative Fracture Management Course in Edinburgh and he is a member of the medical group, Aberdeen Orthopaedics. Patients describe him as kind, patient and professional.
- Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon, NHS Grampian
- ATLS instructor and co-chairman of the AO Principles of Operative Fracture Management Course, Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeon, FRCS
- Travelling fellowships in Harborview Trauma Center in Seattle and the Foothills Medical Centre in Calgary
- MB ChB, Aberdeen University, 1991
- General Medical Council (GMC number): 3541997
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Orthopaedic Oncology Society (BOOS)
Specialist surgical interests
Aberdeen Orthopaedics is a group of local orthopaedic specialists all of whom have trained around the globe. They provide patients with high-quality care including specialist investigations and treatments, including MRI scans, DEXA scanning and shockwave therapy. As a team, they are dedicated to bringing innovation to orthopaedic care, championing the latest in modern developments. David is a knee, hip and shoulder specialist, his expertise and decades of experience add a great deal to the care the group is able to offer.