Mr Michael has extensive knowledge of the hip and has over 20 years of experience as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon. As a result, he has written many articles related to various orthopaedic topics including hip problems in young patients.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, FRCS, FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Lower limb and Hip surgery
Mr Michael is a specialist in lower limb surgery with a strong focus on hip replacements. With a wealth of experience and knowledge, patients often say how comfortable and confident they feel in him. He also takes his role as a senior surgeon and leader very seriously and is active in his consultant NHS post in training future orthopaedic surgeons and supervising specialist orthopaedic trainees. His extensive experience is utilised in his role as the managing director for many other orthopaedic consultants in Kingston, providing guidance and leadership.
2006 - Present: Orthopaedic Surgeon Ashford and St. Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Specialist Hip and Knee Surgery Fellowship in Sydney, The New South Wales Institute of Sports Medicine and at the New South Wales Orthopaedic Research Institute.
- Bachelor's Degree, University of London, 1994
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeon, FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedic), 2005
- Specialist training in hip and knee surgery at Middlesex Hospital and the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore
- Completed a Specialist Hip and Knee Surgery Fellowship in Sydney working at the Orthosports Unit, The New South Wales Institute of Sports Medicine and the New South Wales Orthopaedic Research Institute.
- General Medical Council (GMC) number: 4111081
- FRCS (Tr&Orth), 2005
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Hip Society (BHS)
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Association (BOFAS)
Specialist surgical interests
- Hip arthritis
- Hip replacement and Revision hip Replacement
- Hip impingement
- Sports injuries of the hip
- Hip pain in younger people.
- Hip preservation and biologic treatments
- Lateral hip pain (bursitis and snapping hip)
- Knee arthritis
- Knee replacement and revision surgery
- Conservative treatment of knee arthritis and biological treatments
- Sports injuries of the knee
Foot & Ankle
- Sports injuries of the foot and ankle
- Ligament and cartilage injuries of the ankle
- Achilles problems
- Arthritis throughout the foot and ankle
- Bunion correction
- Claw and hammertoe
- Hallux rigidus
Mr Dean Michael's consultations and surgeries take place at the Medbelle Orthopaedics Clinic | Kingston. Based at the award-winning and modern New Victoria Hospital in Kingston-Upon-Thames, Greater London.