Edmund Fitzgerald O'Connor
He is a trusted, highly-skilled cosmetic surgeon, performing more than 600 procedures per year, won the UK National Selection for Plastic Surgery Training out of 276 candidates, and is a specialist in Breast and Body Contouring.
Consultant Plastic Surgeon
BSc, MD, MBBS, MRCS, FHEA, FRCS (Plast)
Breast Surgery and Body Contouring
Years of experience
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
Mr O’Connor is one of the leading plastic surgery specialists in London. He is regarded very highly by both his peers and his patients. His honest and realistic attitude to surgery leads his patients to feel very comfortable with him and it’s often heard how he will go above and beyond for his patients. Being very dedicated to his work and having undertaken extensive surgical training, including his consultant plastic surgeon post at Guys and St. Thomas' hospital means that Mr O’Connor specialises in breast, body, and also facial procedures. As well as his private work, he also teaches junior plastic surgeons in his NHS post and is a clinical lecturer at the University of London.
2020 - Present: Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Medbelle
Sept 2018 - Present: Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon, Reconstructive Microsurgery, and General Plastic Surgery at Guys & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and Kings College London NHS Foundation Trust
2018 - 2018: Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon, The Royal Perth Hospital, Perth Western Australia
2016 - Present: Senior Clinical Lecturer - MSc Reconstructive Microsurgery & MSc Aesthetic Medicine, University of London
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology (Honours), The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 2001
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine (Merit), The University of London Medical School, United Kingdom, 2008
- Postgraduate Certificate in Healthcare & Biomedical Education, St. George’s University of London, United Kingdom, 2012
Awards and achievements
- Mölnlycke Health Care Bursary, Royal College of Surgeons of England, National competition awards STEP foundation program, 2008
- South Thames Foundation School, MERIT award for an outstanding F1 training portfolio, 2009
- Kingston Hospital NHS Trust, 1st Prize Teamworking Skills, 2009
- International Society for Otologic Surgery & Science 27th Politzer Society Meeting London, 1st Place Politzer Poster Prize International prize £500 for my poster entitled Hearing Preservation Surgery: Current Opinions, 2009
- South Thames Foundation School – Merit award for an outstanding contribution to teaching during FY2, 2010
- National Selection for Plastic Surgery Training, 1st out of 276 candidates for plastic surgery training, 2012
- Mid Essex Healthcare NHS Trust & Spire Hospital Hartswood, £21,000 grant for the purchase of Manuography system for dynamic functional hand assessment
- St. George’s University of London, Postgraduate Certificate in Healthcare & Biomedical Education, Merit Award
- St. George’s Hospital Charity research grant, value: £4350, Title: A proteomic investigation of the mechanisms underlying normal and keloid scar formation
- University of London Central Research Fund, value: £2530, Title: Regulation of scar formation in skin wounds
- General Medical Council (GMC) number: 7021047
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, England
- UK International Emergency Trauma Register
Mrs Boyce from London
Breast implant replacement
"Thank you so much for looking after me and making me feel myself again.
Mr O’Connor is a great surgeon and he did exactly what he said he was going to do."
Mr O'Connor's consultations are in the world-renowned Medbelle Cosmetics | Westminster, London. He also offers surgery there or at the state of the art Medbelle Cosmetics | Chelsea, London.
Westminster Consulting Rooms
Westminster Bridge Rd
120 Sloane St