Mr Pavlou is an experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in lower limb treatments. Highly respected in his field by colleagues and patients alike, he is also highly published and active in research
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBChB, BSc, MRCS, FRCS (Tr&Orth)
Years of experience
George Pavlou is a highly qualified orthopaedic surgeon with multiple years of experience. He specialises in hip, knee, ankle and foot procedures and has been widely published in his research. As well as holding an NHS position, George is also an active member of prestigious professional associations. Alongside his consultant orthopaedic position at Wrightington hospital, Mr Pavlou is passionate about research and has numerous peer-review publications and presentations in both the British, European and American Orthopaedic literature. Patients describe him as approachable, comforting and hardworking.
- 2013 - Present: Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Wrightington, Wigan & Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
- Fellowship training at the Princess Elizabeth Knee Reconstruction unit in Exeter
- British Orthopaedic Association/EFORT travelling fellowship, where he visited centres in Marseille, Nice and the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York.
- MBChB, BSc, University of Leicester, 2001
- General Medical Council (GMC) number: 6025257
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS)
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK)
- Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Medicolegal Independent Expert
- UK revision knee experts group