Georgios Arealis is highly-experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in shoulder and upper limb procedures. He has trained internationally and completed multiple UK training fellowships including the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital fellowship in Birmingham.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MD, PhD, FRCS (Eng)
Georgios Arealis is an experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in shoulder, elbow and upper limb conditions and procedures. He is also also Visiting Professor Faculty of Medicine, Health and Social Care, Canterbury Christchurch University, an Honorary Researcher School Of Engineering and Digital Arts, University Of Kent and an Educational Supervisor for the Stage 3 year 5 King's College London Medical Students. He regularly lectures about shoulder and elbow surgery both nationally and on the international stage and is faculty of the Athens Shoulder Course. Patients describe him as patient and professional.
- Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon, Shoulder & Upper Limb Specialist, East Kent University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
-Visiting Orthopaedic and Medical Research Professor Faculty of Medicine, Health and Social Care, Canterbury Christ Church University April 2021- present
- Visiting Professor, Orthopaedics European University Cyprus September 2022- present
- Clinical teacher, Surgery faculty Kent and Medway Medical School September 2022- present
- Year 5 Long Term Conditions Teaching Faculty Medical School, King’s College London September 2021- present
- Clinical and Educational Supervisor, Stage 3 , Year 5 Medical School, King’s College London May 2018- present
- Honorary researcher in Medical Bioengineering School of Engineering and Digital Arts, University of Kent December 2018- present
- Researcher Institute of Medical Sciences, Canterbury Christ Church University January 2020- April 2021
- MD - Doctor of Medicine Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, Greece 1999
- PhD - Doctor of Philosophy Greece, Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki 2012
- Fellowship Royal College of Surgeons 2018
- Fellowship United Kingdom, QMC Spine Unit, Nottingham 2013
- Fellowship United Kingdom, Reading Shoulder Unit 2015
- Fellowship United Kingdom, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham 2016
- General Medical Council (GMC) 7258670
- Member of the British Trauma Society
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member of the Hellenic Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeons Society.
- Member of the Foot and Ankle Department of the Hellenic Orthopaedic and Trauma Society.
- International Member American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of the European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy.
- AO Trauma Europe, member no. 11166
- European Shoulder Associates of the ESSKA
Specialist surgical interests
- Shoulder arthritis
- Cuff arthropathy
- Cuff tears
- Biceps tendon pathology
- SLAP tear
- Shoulder instability
- AC joint injury
- Shoulder trauma
- Proximal humerus fracture
- Upper limb fracture
- Elbow arthritis
- Elbow instability
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Trigger finger
- De Quervain's tenosynovitis.
- Shoulder arthroplasty and arthroscopy
- Elbow arthroplasty and arthroscopy
Spencer Private Hospital
Spencer Private Hospital