Iain Packham is an experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in shoulder and upper limb procedures. He is the Director for multiple companies, including the Director of Sport and Orthopaedic Clinic Bristol Ltd and the Director of Bristol Shoulder Specialists Ltd.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
BM, BS, BMedSci, PgDip, MRCSG, FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Iain Packham is a highly-experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in shoulder, elbow and upper limb conditions, injuries and procedures. He has trained both in the UK and internationally, successfully completing a fellowship at the Cape Shoulder Institute, Cape Town and The Australian Institute of Musculoskeletal Surgery, Sydney, with a focus on the arthroscopic treatment of sports injuries. Alongside his NHS roles and private practice, he’s also responsible for tutoring junior doctors, medical students, physiotherapists and nursing staff due to his position in an established training hospital. Patients describe him as considerate, diligent and warm.
- Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery with a specialist interest in the Upper Limb, North Bristol NHS Trust.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Avon Orthopaedic Centre
- Director of Iain Packham Ltd.
- Director of Sport and Orthopaedic Clinic Bristol Ltd.
- Director of Bristol Shoulder Specialists Ltd.
- C.C.T. Trauma and Orthopaedics (2007).
- Postgraduate Diploma in Orthopaedic Engineering (2006).
- F.R.C.S. (Tr & Orth) (2006)
- M.R.C.S. (Glasg.) (2000)
- B.M., B.S. (1996)
- B.Med.Sci. (1994).
- Fellowships at the Cape Shoulder Institute, Cape Town and The Australian Institute of Musculoskeletal Surgery, Sydney
- General Medical Council (GMC) 4335676
- British Orthopaedic Association, Fellow.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow, Fellow.
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society.
- British Association Surgery of the Knee.
- European Society of Sports Traumatology Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy.
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee surgery and Orthopaedic Sports medicine.
- British Association of Snowsport Instructors.
Specialist surgical interests
- Upper limb surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- Elbow surgery
- Upper limb disorders
- Sports injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Shoulder arthritis and shoulder replacement
- Arthroscopic (key-hole) surgery
- Tendon repair and reconstruction, including the rotator cuff
- Biceps and Pec Major ligament reconstruction and stabilisation, including the shoulder and ACJ joint peripheral nerve surgery, including cubital and carpal tunnel decompression.
Nuffield Health Bristol Hospital
3 Clifton Hill