Mr Polyzois Polyzois is an internationally recognised upper limb specialist with decades of experience. He is award-winning and is extensively published.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBChB, MRCS, CCTOrth (Hons), FEBOT
Upper limb and Shoulder
Mr Polyzois is a highly experienced orthopaedic surgeon. Working at the highest level that a surgeon can be for more than six years, Mr Polyzois is a specialist in all aspects of upper limb surgery, including in the management of shoulder conditions and injuries. He is highly active in ensuring he uses the latest techniques for his patients. Due to his extensive knowledge in his field he is often invited to present at national and international conferences, has written several medical book chapters, and is frequently published in peer-reviewed journals. His patients describe him as a good listener, professional and proactive. His attentiveness to patients and his caring approach has been recognised in 2021 when he won the IWantGreatCare certificate of excellence.
- 2015 - Present: Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Ashford and St. Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- 2013 - 2014: Senior Shoulder and Elbow Fellow at Ashford and St. Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- 2013 - 2013: Senior Clinical Upper Limb Fellow at Ashford and St. Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Bachelor's Degree, Liverpool University Medical School, United Kingdom, 2001
- MRCS, Member of the Roal College of Surgeons
- FEBOT, European Fellowship board diploma
Awards and achievements
- Surgical trainer of the year, across all specialities, Ashford and St Peter's NHS Foundation Trust, United Kingdom, 2008
- Gold medal and distinction, Orthopaedic exit exam diploma (1st Finalist), Greece, 2011
- Gold medal and distinction, European Board Orthopaedic Diploma (1st Finalist), Greece, 2013
- General Medical Council (GMC) number: 6031303
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the European Board of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
Specialist surgical interests
- Chronic hand pain or stiffness
- Chronic shoulder and elbow pain or stiffness
- Reconstructive surgery for sports upper limb injuries
- Arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery
- Rotator cuff repair, shoulder stabilisation
- Upper limb trauma
- Upper limb joint replacement
- Shoulder tendons surgery
Ioannis Polyzois Reviews
Melodi from London
Carpal Tunnel Release
"Through the procedure, he was supportive and caring. He made me feel at ease and comfortable"
More Ioannis Polyzois Reviews
Mr Polyzoi Ioanniss' consultations and surgeries take place at the Medbelle Orthopaedics | Kingston Upon Thames. Based at the award-winning and modern New Victoria Hospital in Kingston-Upon-Thames, Greater London.