Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon and BSc (Hons), MB BS, MD, FRCOphth
- BSc (Honours), First Class University College London, United Kingdom, 1994
- MBBS (Lond), Royal Free Hospital School Of Medicine, University of London, United Kingdom, 1997
- MRCOphth, Royal College of Ophthalmologists, United Kingdom, 2002
- Certificate of eligibility into higher surgical training, Royal College of Ophthalmologists, United Kingdom, 2002
- MD (Medical Retina), King's College London, United Kingdom, 2009
- FRCOphth, Royal College of Ophthalmologists, United Kingdom, 2011
- Specialist Register for Ophthalmology, General Medical Council, United Kingdom, 2011
- Certificate of Merit in Physiology, Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, 1993
- Travel award for foreign medical research, Lord Mayor of London, 1994
- Goldberg Schachman Scholarship, Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, 1994
- Travel scholarship for research, University College London, 1994
- De Bryn Bursary, Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, 1995
- Ophthalmology Section, Open Meeting for Trainees Prize Finalist, Royal Society Medicine, 2005
Mr Khan is one of the most sought after eye specialities in London and the wider UK. His extensive experience as a Consultant Eye Surgeon and Clinical Lead at the world-renowned NHS Moorfields has allowed him to pioneer and become skilled in the latest technologies and practices. Patients receiving treatment from Mr Khan not only comment on how knowledgeable he is but also how approachable and trustworthy he is too. Having the unique ability to explain complex conditions in very easily understandable ways is greatly welcomed by patients.
2012- present: Consultant eye surgeon at NHS Moorfields London
2012 - present: Senior lecturer for Moorfields medical retina residents teaching
2012- present: Honorary Consultant plastic surgeon at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
2013: Clinical lead on the lucentis treatment programme for diabetic macular oedema at Moorfields at Bedford and Hinchingbrooke Hospital
2009 - 2011: Clinical fellowship training – Medical Retina at Moorfields Eye Hospital
Clinical supervisor for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Invited guest lecturer for Institute of Ophthalmology and City University
2010: Undergraduate Ophthalmology Coordinator at Imperial College London
Cataract Surgery with Mr Khan Video
Specialist Technology and Equipment
Mr Khan is dedicated to providing the most up to date treatments to his patients and provides the best cataract surgery available in the world. The world of Opthalmology is always evolving, and Mr Khan is constantly innovating and utilising the latest cataract equipment, surgical techniques, and lens technology.
Mr Khan's Motivation and Inspiration
Why did you become an ophthalmic surgeon?
"I have a huge passion to make a difference in my patients’ lives and being able to perform successful cataract surgery for people is a huge privilege and honour."
Your favourite part of the patient’s surgery journey?
"My patient’s first visit after their operation and witnessing the pure joy of seeing again."
What is your favourite memory in your career?
"A patient who underwent cataract surgery in their one seeing eye and recollecting their tears of joy being able to see their grandchild’s face for the first time."
Mr Khan consults and performs cataract surgery at the state of the art London Cataract Clinic, just off Harley St. in Marylebone.
The London Cataract Clinic
29a Wimpole St
Cataract Surgery in London
Mr Jaheed Khan offers cataract surgery in our specialist eye clinic in London.