Jeremy Oakley is a highly experienced orthopaedic surgeon and the Clinical Director for Lower Limb Orthopaedics at Wrightington Hospital, Centre for Hip Surgery
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBCh, MRCS, FRCS (T&O)
Hip & Knee
Mr Jeremy Oakley is a highly experienced orthopaedic surgeon with over a decade of experience. He specialises in hip and knee procedures and is the Clinical Director for Lower Limb Orthopaedics at Wrightington Hospital, Centre for Hip Surgery. He has won multiple awards for his work and has written numerous peer-reviewed publications. When he isn’t performing surgery he has a role as an examiner for senior orthopaedic trainees in preparation for their consultancy exams. Patients describe him as warm, attentive and professional.
- 2013 - Present: Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon, Wrightington Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust, Centre for Hip Surgery
- Clinical Director for Lower Limb Orthopaedics at Wrightington
- FRCS, Trauma and Orthopaedics, Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2011
- MBBCh, University of Wales College of Medicine Cardiff, 2001
Awards and achievements
- Biolox award for research into bearings in total joint replacement.
- GK Rose award for biomechanics
- General Medical Council (GMC number): 6030834
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)