Jonathan Monk is a consultant orthopaedic surgeon highly respected in his field. He specialises in hip and knee positions and chairs multiple international orthopaedic societies.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
FRCS Ed (TR&Orth), MSc Orthopaedic Engineering
Hip & Knee
Jonathan Monk is a highly-experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in hip and knee procedures and conditions. He holds many important positions, including the Royal Society of Medicine Trauma Symposium Chairman. He is dual fellowship trained in both Trauma and Lower Limb Arthroplasty (hip and knee replacement). In addition, he is the Chairman of the European Board of AO with responsibilities for the education of surgeons across Europe and Subequatorial Africa. In his years of practice, he has worked closely with the stunt departments, including Mr Greg Powell, and he has gone on to help provide the Medical Cover for films such as Spectre, Star Wars and many others. He has also performed a knee replacement on Oscar-winning actress Dame Judi Dench who praises Jonathan for his kindness, sense of humour and discretion.
- Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma surgeon, Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals NHS Trust
- 2015 - Present: Course Chairman AO Principles Course,
- 2012 - Present: Royal Society of Medicine Trauma Symposium Chairman
- International Lecturer AO
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, FRCS (Ed) Trauma and Orthopaedics, Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh, 2007 MSc, Orthopaedic Engineering, University of Cardiff, 2003
- General Medical Council (GMC number): 4092360
- Member of British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of the MDU
- Member of AL Alumnu (Trauma)
Specialist surgical interests
Jonathan Monk's reviews
Patricia's hip replacement
"I was put in touch with Medbelle through Mr Monk, who operated on my hip. My contact was Paddy, who kept in constant touch with my progress and was most helpful throughout. The gift box, which arrived on my return home, was very much appreciated and a very thoughtful touch. I informed Mr Monk of my positive experience with Medbelle and hope he will continue to recommend to future patients."
David's Hip replacement surgery
"I had great support pre and post surgery. I had regular phone calls, they found the best physio and liased with my surgeon, Jonathan Monk as well. When I did have to pay bills direct to hospital, money was quickly reimbursed.
I would recommend Medbelle to anyone"
Circle Runnymede Hospital