Mark Edmondson is an experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in hip and knee procedures. He has trained across the UK and completed prestigious fellowships in Western Australia.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, MRCS, FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Hip and knee
Mark Edmondson is a highly experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in hip and knee conditions and procedures. Alongside his NHS positions and private practice, he is also the clinical lead for the fracture neck of Femur service (hip fracture care) at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust and an academic supervisor of several trainee doctors. Patients describe him as compassionate and professional.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon (Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust) Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon (Montefiore Hospital, Brighton & Hove) Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital Clinical lead for the Fracture Neck of Femur service (hip fracture care) at BSUH Clinical and academic supervisor of several trainee doctors
- MBBS, 2001 – Guys and St Thomas Hospitals, London
- MRCS, 2005 – Royal College of Surgeons, Eng
- FRCS (T+O) 2010 – Royal College of Surgeons, Eng
- South-East Thames Orthopaedic Training Programme
- Tumour and Complex Arthroplasty, Fremantle and Charles Gairdner Hospitals Western Australia.
- Complex Trauma and limb reconstruction surgery, BSUH Brighton.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Trauma and Orthopaedics)
- British Hip Society
- General Medical Council (GMC)6028771
Specialist surgical interests
Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital