Prem Moras is a highly-experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in foot and ankle procedures. He holds numerous positions, including Educational Supervisor to Core Trainees, and Foundation Doctors.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MB BS, MRCS Ed, FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Prem Moras is an experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in foot and ankle conditions and procedures. Alongside his NHS roles and private practice, he is also a clinical supervisor to speciality registrars in training. He has trained both here in the UK and internationally and has successfully completed a prestigious fellowship in Australia. Patients describe him as calm, approachable and thorough.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon since 2013 Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Panel member of the ST3 National Recruitment Service.
- Clinical MSK Governance Lead at Queen Alexandra Hospital.
- Educational Supervisor to Core Trainees, Foundation Doctors.
- Clinical Supervisor to Speciality Registrars in Training.
- Clinical Supervisor to F & A Fellowship Trainees.
- MB BS St John's Medical College 1996
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2002
- FRCS (TR& ORTH) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2012
- Fellowship in Foot & Ankle Surgery Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia 2013
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- European Foot and Ankle Society
- General Medical Council (GMC) 5191783
Specialist surgical interests
- Sports injuries of the Foot and ankle
- Ankle Ligament Reconstruction
- Key Hole Arthroscopic Surgery
- Deformity correction: Correction of Painful Flatfoot
- Bunion Correction
- Degenerative conditions of foot and ankle
- Ankle Replacements and Corrective Fusions
- Non-Operative Treatment: Physiotherapy rehabilitation, Podiatry and Orthotic referral for insoles and footwear modifications
- Injections: under X-ray and Ultrasound Guidance.