Samantha Tross is a highly-experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in hip and knee conditions and procedures. Her awards include such accolades as the Zenith Global Special Recognition Health Award 2021
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, FRCS, FRSC Ed, FRCS Ed(Tr& Orth)
Miss Samantha Tross is an award-winning Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in conditions of the lower limb, specifically hip and knee preserving and replacement surgery. She is the first female Consultant of Afro-Caribbean descent in the UK and one of less than 7% of female Orthopaedic Consultant Surgeons practising in the UK. She is the only female at Cromwell Hospital and Clementine Churchill Hospitals, specialising in Lower Limb Arthroplasty. Miss Tross is experienced in performing robotic-assisted procedures and, in 2018, became the first woman in Europe to perform Mako Robotic Hip Surgery. Alongside her private practice and NHS roles, Miss Tross is also an examiner for Imperial College Medical School London and an Associate Professor of Orthopaedics for the American University of the Caribbean. Patients describe her as hard-working, reassuring and kind.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at London North West University Hospitals NHS Trust (Ealing and Central Middlesex Hospitals)
- Examiner for Imperial College Medical School final examinations
- External examiner for the University of the West Indies (Trinidad) medical school.
- Associate Professor of Orthopaedics for the American University of the Caribbean, Educational and - Clinical Supervisor Faculty Group lead for Orthopaedics training at Ealing Hospital.
- Associate Editor for the Journal of Medical Case Reports.
- Committee member of the British Hip Society
- Mentor for women and those from BAME backgrounds aspiring to a career in Medicine.
- Secretary for the International Orthopaedic Diversity Alliance (IODA)
- EDI Forum for the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- MBBS University of London 1992
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 1998
- FRCS Ed Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1997
- FRCS Ed(Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2003
- Fellowship in Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery Peninsula Orthopaedic Group, Sydney, Australia 2004
- Fellowship in Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery The Orthopaedic & Arthritic Institute, Toronto, Canada 2003
Awards and achievements
- Black British Business Award in 2016
- Outstanding Guyanese of the Year 2018
- WinTrade 'Woman in the Public Sector 2019
- Zenith Global Special Recognition Health Award 2021
- Black Women in Care Pioneer Award 2021
- MIPAD (Most Influential People of African Descent Award) in May 2023 - for improving diversity in the speciality.
- General Medical Council (GMC) number 3668434
- British Hip Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Women in Surgery
- International Orthopaedic Diversity Alliance
- Women Orthopaedics Worldwide
- Société Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopédique et de Traumatologie (SICOT)
Specialist surgical interests
- knee arthroscopy
- hip replacement
- knee replacement surgery
- revision hip replacement surgery
- robotic hip surgery
- robotic knee replacement surgery
- paediatric trauma in children over 13 years
- carpal tunnel decompression
- trigger finger release
- ankle fractures
- distal radius fractures
- tibial fractures
- femoral neck fractures
- forearm fractures.
Chiswick Hospital (outpatients only)
347-353 Chiswick High Road
Harley Street Hospital
19 Harley St
Circle Clementine Churchill Hospital