Steven Hamilton is a highly-experienced orthopaedic specialist based in Aberdeen
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
BSc Med Sci(Hons), MB ChB, MRCS, FRCS(Tr&Orth)
Knee, Foot & Lower Limb
Steven Hamilton is a highly-qualified consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in knee, foot and lower limb procedures. He has been published extensively in medical journals and research papers. He performs standard, bespoke and MAKO robotic-assisted partial and total knee replacements. Alongside his practice, he is a member of the medical group, Aberdeen Orthopaedics. Patients describe him as caring, detail orientated and reliable.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and Woodend Hospital,
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2008
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2002
- MBChB University of Aberdeen 1999
- BSc Med Sci University of Aberdeen 1997
- General Medical Council (GMC number): 4612960
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK)
- European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery (ESSKA)
- Arthroscopy International Society of Arthroscopy Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
Specialist surgical interests
- Knee cartilage tears; arthroscopic (keyhole) procedures.
- Knee ligament rupture; Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) reconstruction; Medial Patello-Femoral Ligament (MPFL) reconstruction.
- Knee osteoarthritis; knee replacement surgery (MAKO robotic-arm assisted, partial and total replacements); High Tibial Osteotomies (HTO); Hyaluronic Acid (HA) or Platelet-rich Plasma (PrP) injections.
- Hip arthritis; hip replacements.
- Sports injuries; ligament ruptures; tendinopathies; tendinitis; stress fractures.
- Foot conditions; bunions (hallux valgus); joint fusion; plantar fasciitis.
- Post-traumatic reconstruction; removal of metalwork; corrective osteotomies.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome; carpal tunnel decompression.
Aberdeen Orthopaedics is a group of local orthopaedic specialists all of whom have trained around the globe. They provide patients with high-quality care including specialist investigations and treatments, including MRI scans, DEXA scanning and shockwave therapy. As a team, they are dedicated to bringing innovation to orthopaedic care, championing the latest in modern developments. Steven is a knee, foot and lower limb specialist, his expertise and decades of experience add a great deal to the care the group is able to offer.