Suresh Chandrashekar is a highly-experienced Consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in foot and ankle conditions and procedures. He is committed to research and development within his speciality and practices minimal invasive surgery where possible.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, MS, FRCSEd(T&O)
Foot & Ankle
Suresh Chandrashekar is a highly-accomplished consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in foot and ankle procedures. Alongside his private practice and NHS work, he is also a teacher/examiner for the Viva Courses for F.R.C.S Exams, and he takes great pride in supporting and mentoring future surgeons and students. Within his work, he practices minimally invasive surgery and supports enhanced patient recovery and early rehabilitation. He is committed to research projects for foot surgery and has peer-reviewed publications; he often presents at international and national medical conferences. Patients describe him as empathetic, thorough and patient.
- Consultant Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeon, London Sports Orthopaedics
- Consultant Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeon. The Homerton University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Examiner for The Royal College of Surgeons in England Revision courses
- FRCS, Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 2012
- M.S Orthopaedics and traumatology The State Paediatric Medical Academy, St Petersburg, Russia, 2004
- MBBS University of Mumbai, India, 2001
- European Foot Society Visitation/ Travelling Fellow Klinik Rummelsberg Foot and Ankle Clinic, Bavaria, Germany, 2016
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship Training The University Hospitals of Southampton Foundation NHS trust, 2014
- General Medical Council (GMC number): 6112795
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (BOFAS)
- European Foot and Ankle Society (EFAS)
Specialist surgical interests
- Management of Orthopaedic Trauma including Fractures of Ankle; Foot Fractures; Lisfranc injuries;
- 5th Metatarsal fractures and management of non-union;
- Ankle sprains & instability;
- Ligament repairs and tendon reconstruction.
- Management of cartilage problems in joints.
- Sports injuries of Ankle and Foot
- Ankle Replacement
- Management of Osteoarthritis in Foot and Ankle Joints
- Keyhole/Arthroscopy surgery of ankle and foot
- Bunion/Hallux Valgus corrective surgery, Bunionette surgery
- Ingrown toenail procedures for recurrence & Morton's Neuroma treatment.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis related deformities of Foot and Ankle;
- Achilles tendon problems include repair and reconstruction.
- Heel pain - Plantar Fasciitis; Tarsal tunnel Syndrome
- Flat foot correction; Adult club foot corrections
31 Old Broad St
Circle London Independent Hospital
1 Beaumont Square