Will Kieffer is an experienced consultant spine surgeon specialising in spine conditions and procedures. In addition, he is also the Principle Investigator for Orthopaedic NIHR Trials at my NHS Trust, responsible for all Orthopaedic research.
Consultant Spine Surgeon
BSc (Hons) MBBS (Lond) FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Will Kieffer is a highly-experienced consultant spine surgeon specialising in spinal injuries, conditions and procedures. Alongside his private practice and NHS roles, he holds many substantive positions, including Regional Specialty Advisor for the Royal College of Surgeons of England and The British Orthopaedic Association. His main clinical interests are degenerative spinal disorders, and his research interests include spinal balance and adult deformity. He has also presented on Spinal and Orthopaedic Conditions both Nationally and Internationally and published widely with numerous peer-reviewed articles and five book chapters to date, winning several awards for research. Patients describe him as reassuring, diligent and kind.
- Consultant Spinal Surgeon Surrey & Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor Royal College of Surgeons
- Specialty Training Committee and Annual Review Panels for the Kent, Surrey and Sussex region
- Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon with an interest in degenerative spinal conditions and minimally invasive surgery.
- Clinical Director for Trauma, SaSH.
- Regional Specialty Advisor for the Royal College of Surgeons of England and The British Orthopaedic Association.
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2016
- MRCS (Eng) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2010
- MBBS (Lond) Royal Free and University College School of Medicine 2007
- BSc in Medical University College London 1st Class Physics 2004
- BOTA Travelling Fellowship 2017
- General Medical Council (GMC) 6164309
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- British Orthopaedic Association
- North American Spine Society
- British Medical Association
Specialist surgical interests
- Degenerative Spinal Disorders
- Lumbar Disc Prolapse
- Spinal Injections
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Sacro-iliac Joint Surgery
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Cervical Surgery
- Lumbar Surgery
- Fusion Surgery
- Back Pain
Nuffield Health Haywards Heath
Ramsay Ashtead Hospital