There are many factors which can result in breasts drooping and sagging. This may include pregnancy, breastfeeding, ageing, genetics or gravity. Breasts which were once lifted and perky may sit much lower on the chest, causing self esteem issues. A breast lift procedure is something we offer our London patients here at Medbelle. The aim of the operation is to restore a natural lift to the breasts, which will give a much more youthful appearance. Breast lifts can also be combined with breast augmentation surgery, making it a very versatile procedure.
Breast Uplift in London
1.5 to 3 Hours
0 to 1 Nights
Local with Sedation or General
6 to 12 Months
Choose Medbelle for Your Breast Lift in London
We understand that undergoing surgery can leave you full of questions. From your very first consultation with us right through to your aftercare, you will discover the excellent and dedicated service the Medbelle team provides to its patients. When researching any form of cosmetic surgery, professional accreditation should be one of the first things you look for. That’s why in order to give our patients the best standard of care, all Medbelle surgeons are BAAPS/BAPRAS accredited.
Our Breast Uplift surgeons in London
- Walid Sabbagh qualified from the University of Aberdeen in 1992 and became a fellow of the prestigious Royal College of Surgeons in 1996
- After completing training in Plastic Surgery at the most renowned units in London (2002), he was awarded FRCS(Plast) and admitted to the GMC specialist register
"- Qualified from the University of Aberdeen in 1992 and became a fellow of the prestigious Royal College of Surgeons in 1996 - Awarded FRCS(Plast) and admitted to the GMC specialist register"
- Was the 1st in National Selection out of 276 candidates for Plastic Surgery Training
- Has published over 30 peer-reviewed publications and volunteers for BFIRST charity providing trauma and burn reconstruction work and training in less economically developed countries
"Throughout his career he has written, published and presented over 30 research papers relating to leading cosmetic, reconstructive, and hand surgery techniques."
- Completed a senior microsurgical fellowship at St Andrews Centre, Broomfield
- Appointed as cosmetic fellow by Nagor at the McIndoe Centre Hospital, East Grinstead
"He is the Clinical Lead for Major Trauma at Addenbrooke’s Hospital Cambridge."
- Active teacher of future plastic surgeons due to his extensive career as a consultant
- Published extensively in the field of plastic surgery with numerous TV appearances
"Adam has appeared twice in Channel 4 programme ‘Embarrassing Bodies’ where he performed breast reduction surgery."
- Subspecialist training in craniofacial surgery in Paris, France and Toronto, Canada
- Held the title of President of the Plastic Surgery Section at the Royal Society of Medicine in 2014
"Mr Britto has been appointed as the 'President of the Section of Plastic Surgery' for the Royal Society of Medicine."
- Mr. Samer Saour is a highly-committed cosmetic surgeon having completed the prestigious London Pan Thames Plastic Surgery training program and a number of highly renowned fellowships in London and Brussels
- He is an author of a number of book chapters and has published and continues to publish extensively within the field of Plastic Surgery and has presented his work both nationally and internationally at plastic surgery meetings around the world
"Mr. Samer Saour completed the prestigious London Pan Thames Plastic Surgery training program and a number of highly renowned fellowships in London and Brussels"
- Internationally experienced surgeon having trained in London, Taipei, Toronto, LA, and more
- Experience in corrective surgery for patients unhappy with results from other surgeons
"Mr Tulley has trained with many of the leading aesthetic surgeons in the United Kingdom and the USA."
- Expert in the minimisation of scarring when treating patients
- Published 16+ research papers in highly-regarded medical journals
"Richard Baker is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon specialising in hand and wrist surgery, correction of abnormalities in children and cosmetic surgery."
- Holds positions on multiple plastic surgery training committees and sits on the GMC appeal panel
- Has held training positions at many of the famous plastic surgery units in London
"He has appeared frequently in the media as a plastic surgery expert, including: GMTV, London Tonight, The Gloria Hunniford Show, The Mail on Sunday and many others."
- Innovative surgeon with a Masters in Surgical Technology, utilising the most advanced techniques and equipment
- Has attended international training programmes in order to be able to offer expertise in a range of cutting edge plastic and cosmetic surgery treatments
"He has attended international training programmes in order to be able to offer expertise in a range of cutting edge plastic and cosmetic surgery treatments."
- Received the McGregor Gold Medal in her FRCS(Plast) exam among other prestigious awards
- Appeared on National TV as part of BBC's "NHS in a Day" for Burns and Amputee care
"Miss Tania Cubison is one of a very small number of female plastic surgeons in the South East of England."
Medbelle locations in London
As the capital of the UK, London offers some of the most state-of-the-art hospitals and medical facilities anywhere in the world. Our several Medbelle locations are no exception, each offering a prestige level of care and overall experience that defies expectations.
Medbelle operates patient-focused clinics, ensuring your operation will be performed by the highest professional team who put your needs at the forefront of what they do. Each of our clinics offer a range of cosmetic procedures, carried out by our dedicated and caring surgical teams.
Whichever Medbelle location you choose in London - Medbelle will be with you every step of the way.
Featured Medbelle locations in London
Weymouth Street Hospital is located in central London between Harley Street and Marylebone Street. Providing first class healthcare, this hospital is widely recognised as one of the UK’s most luxurious independent facilities. All surgeons at this hospital are local to the area, meaning patients always have access to excellent care.
London Welbeck Hospital has been treating patients for over 90 years at its central London location. It is home to a wealth of accredited staff, who perform a range of surgical and non-surgical procedures.
Cadogan Clinic was awarded the ‘Best Private Hospital’ for 2019, gaining an additional award for ‘Leading providers of plastic surgery’, by the prestigious Health & Pharmaceutical awards. It is located in the heart of Chelsea, offering patients world class facilities and treatment
Your London Breast Lift
The reason breasts may sag or appear droopy can be caused by a number of different factors. This includes genetics, age, pregnancy, breastfeeding or simply gravity taking its toll. It results in the supportive skin and ligaments stretching and losing elasticity, giving breasts a sagging appearance.
One way to tell if you would be a good candidate for a breast lift is to check where the nipple is currently sitting in relation to the rest of your breast. If it currently falls below the breast crease because of sagging, it is likely a breast uplift will be able to correct this.
During breast lift surgery, a section of the upper or lower parts of the tissue and skin of the breast is removed. Then the breast is sutured together, lifting it to its new higher position.
The procedure can also address any asymmetry in your breasts, or be combined with breast enlargement to make your new breasts perkier and fuller than before. This is something to discuss with your surgeon during your consultation.
There are different techniques that provide various results.
A periareolar, or crescent incision around the top of the areola works for very small breasts that only need to be lifted a small amount.
A circumareolar, or donut incision around the nipple is also useful for smaller breasts and slight lift.
The vertical or lollipop incision around the nipple extending down to the crease of the breast allows for a far greater amount of lift compared to areolar techniques.
Lastly, the inverted-T or anchor incision that goes around the nipple, extends to the crease of the breast, then across the crease of the breast is the most useful technique for very large breasts that need to be lifted a great amount.
Following the operation, it can take 6-12 months for you to see the full results of your breast lift. Many patients report an increase in confidence after having a breast lift, as it restores their breasts to a higher and more flattering position on the body.
London Breast Lift: Frequently Asked Questions
We appreciate that as a patient considering a breast lift, you are bound to have some questions, and this is not a problem! Here we will answer some of your top questions.
How long does breast lift surgery take?
Breast lift surgery will take between 90 minutes and 3 hours to complete. Your procedure will typically take longer if you also decide to have breast augmentation as part of your surgery.
Will I still be able to breastfeed after having a breast lift?
Most women who have a breast lift find they are able to breastfeed after the operation once they have been given clearance to do so. However, as the operation requires an incision to be made around the nipple, some of the milk ducts, glands or nerves may become damaged. In this case, it could be difficult or impossible for you to breastfeed.
If you intend to breastfeed after a breast lift, you must discuss this with your surgeon during the consultation phase. Also, if you are currently breastfeeding, your surgeon may ask you to stop up to 6 months prior to your operation.
How much time will I need off work following my breast lift?
Most patients require 1-2 weeks, depending on the nature of their job.
What if I gain or lose a lot of weight after surgery?
If your weight fluctuates significantly after surgery, this could affect the results of your procedure. However, this does vary from patient to patient. It is advisable to have a healthy diet and lifestyle to maintain your results.
Our London Hospitals
The London Welbeck Hospital
I am very pleased with the treatment at LWH; this put me at ease for the procedure and set me up for a good recovery.All medical staff has been very accommodating and caring. Thank you.
One Hatfield Hospital
The only way to describe the experience with One Hatfield was amazing. I would recommend this hospital and I would definitely return if I wanted to undergo any other procedures
Highgate Private Hospital
The Highgate hospital where I had my procedure is lovely. The staff are friendly and really look after you.
Beautiful waiting room. Very calm. Polite and helpful staff. Very clean. Surgeons room very clean spacious and bright. Overall very welcoming. One follow up ran late by 20 minutes but these things can't be helped.
All the staff at the Cadogan Clinic were lovely and took very good care of me. I have felt in safe hands every step of the way and highly recommend to anyone.