Mr Barnes is a highly respected and sought after surgeon with over 11 years of experience. Practising in Manchester, he performs over 205 procedures a year and specialises in breast, body and facial surgery.
Consultant Plastic Surgeon
MBChB, MRes, MRCS(Eng), FRCS(Plast)
Breast, Body, and Facial Surgery
Years of experience
Mr Barnes is a highly respected and gifted surgeon. In his NHS consultant plastic surgeon post he is one of the few surgeons that perform complex breast reconstruction surgery for patients and is known for using the most up to date techniques to achieve the best results. He is a very driven and dedicated surgeon with multiple research publications and contributing to medical textbooks.
Throughout his career patients have commented that he is very knowledgeable, caring, and empathetic. He is known in the plastic surgery community for his commitment to his patients as well as his presentations at national and international conferences.
- 2021 - Present: Consultant Plastic Surgeon, St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
- 2020 - 2021: Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Royal Preston Hospital
- Medical Leadership, Edge Hill University, 2017
- MBChB, University of Manchester, 2009
- MRes in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, University of Manchester, 2008
- General Medical Council (GMC) number: 7037498
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS)
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
Mr Barnes in his own words
What medical positions have you held that you are particularly proud of?
As part of my NHS Consultant practice I treat patients through the Royal Liverpool Breast Unit with complex revisional breast problems. These patients have usually been operated on by multiple different surgeons in the past and present very difficult challenges. Making the right decision and getting a good result for these patients is particularly rewarding.
Your favourite part of the patient’s surgery journey?
Assessing the postoperative result together.
What is your favourite memory in your career?
Successfully performing my first complex free flap reconstruction as a trainee.
Mr Barnes offers consultations at Medbelle Cosmetics | Manchester clinic in the centre of Manchester, close to Piccadilly Gardens and in Medbelle Cosmetics | Liverpool. For surgery, he operates out of the highly-rated Medbelle Cosmetics | Warrington, outside of Manchester and Liverpool.
61 King St
88 Rodney Street
1 Belvedere Road
Angela from Bradford
" Mr Barnes made me feel at ease from the first consultation to the surgery and after."