Mr Martin Mitchell is a highly experienced consultant orthopaedic surgeon based in Aberdeen. He has many years of experience and is widely published within medical journals
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBChB, Dip SEM, FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Hip & Knee
Years of experience
Mr Martin Mitchell is a highly qualified consultant orthopaedic surgeon with many years of experience. He trained all around the UK and also completed a fellowship in the US. He is also part of the surgeon medical group Aberdeen Orthopaedics. He specialises in hip and knee procedures and has been widely published in medical journals. Patients describe him as calm, thorough and understanding.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Woodend Hospital & Aberdeen Royal Infirmary
- FRCS (Orth) Intercollegiate Surgical Board, 2012
- Diploma Sports and Exercise Medicine University of Bath, 2012
- MRCS, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 2005
- MBChB, University of Aberdeen, 1999
- General Medical Council (GMC number): 4601931
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- British Hip Society
Specialist surgical interests
Aberdeen Orthopaedics is a group of local orthopaedic specialists all of whom have trained around the globe. They provide patients with high-quality care including specialist investigations and treatments, including MRI scans, DEXA scanning and shockwave therapy. As a team, they are dedicated to bringing innovation to orthopaedic care, championing the latest in modern developments. Martin is a hip and knee specialist, his expertise and decades of experience add a great deal to the care the group is able to offer.