Mr Buckley is one of the UK's leading hip surgeons. Practising in Sheffield, he brings 20 years of experience as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon and routinely performs over 200 procedures each year.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, FRCS (Tr&Orth)
Mr Buckley is a highly experienced and committed hip surgeon. Practising as the highest level of achievement in orthopaedic surgery, he has practised as a consultant for almost 20 years. As clinical director of musculoskeletal care for NHS Sheffield Teaching Hospital, he is responsible for providing clinical excellence and the highest quality of care to his and his team’s patients. His passion for hip surgery also involves leading research in the field, he actively participates in international and national conferences to promote new surgical techniques and research. As a leader in orthopaedic surgery, Mr Buckley also trains orthopaedic surgeons and in his role as a member of the professional affairs committee for the British Hip Society, provides national guidance and advice to the NHS.
- 2002 - Present: Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
- 2015 - Present: Clinical Director Musculoskeletal care group, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
- 2018- Present: Member of the Professional Affairs Committee, British Hip Society
- MBBS (Lond), St. George’s Hospital Medical School, London 1990
- Advanced Trauma and Life Support (ATLS) Provider, 1998
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, FRCS (Tr & Orth), 2000
- British Medical Association.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of British Orthopaedic Association
- Member of the British Hip Society