Breast Enlargement Surgery | What to Expect from your Free Consultation?
Here at Medbelle, we believe that in order for patients to make an informed decision on their surgery they need access to professional medical advice. Which is why we offer free consultation with one of our BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeons all with no obligation to move forward with the procedure. We want you to fully understand the procedure, likely results and risks too before deciding to move forward.
Your Patient Care Adviser is on hand to book an appointment that works for your schedule and help prepare you in any way they can. This article will give you a breakdown of what you can expect to happen in a breast enlargement consultation.
Your Breast Enlargement Consultation
Medbelle consultations always take place with the surgeon who will perform the surgery. With Medbelle, you can rest assured you’ll have every opportunity to get to know your surgeon and make an informed decision before committing to having breast enlargement surgery.
What should I expect during my breast enlargement surgery consultation?
The breast enlargement consultation will last anywhere between 20 minutes to 1 hour and will take place either at their private practice or at a Medbelle consultation space.
Your surgeon will discuss a number of topics with you during the consultation. These include:
- Why you wish to have surgery
- Your desires and expectations for surgery
- The potential risks & complications related to surgery
- Any personal or family history of breast cancer
- Current and past medical conditions, including any allergies you have
- The results of any biopsies and mammograms you may have had
- Any prescription or over-the-counter medications you may be taking
- Any current alcohol, tobacco and recreational drug use
When discussing your procedure your surgeon will take into consideration the following factors:
- Your current breast shape and size
- Your ideal breast size and shape
- The quality of your breast tissue and skin
- The quantity of your breast tissue and skin
How do I prepare for my Breast Enlargement Consultation?
We recommend patients write down their questions prior to heading to your breast enlargement consultation, so you don't forget to ask anything. Here are some examples of important questions you may want to ask:
- Are you a member of BAAPS (The British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) or BAPRAS (British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons)? (NB: these are the two leading societies for plastic surgeons in the UK. To be a member, surgeons must have completed at least 10 years of surgical training. Membership also ensures they have received the most up-to-date training. For this reason, it is most important that your chosen surgeon is a member of one or both. All Medbelle surgeons are members.)
- Where will my surgery take place?
- Do you have any before-and-after photos?
- How many of these procedures do you perform each year?
- What will my aftercare look like?
- What implants do you use, and how long are they guaranteed for?
You may want to consider wearing something that easy to remove, like a t-shirt to top, that way you don't need to take your whole dress or jumpsuit off. If you're ever unsure, do talk with your Personal Patient Care Adviser who is always happy to help.